Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I am a dreamboat/ goodnight for now
If my current living situation could be manifested in disaster, it would most likely be a natural disaster. An 8 point earthquake situated along fault lines, the earth opening up and swallowing the house whole. Or alternately, a biblical-style flood, with the proverbial news reel showing no survivors on the rooftop. Or maybe even a fire, but started in the most mundane of ways, like falling asleep with a cigarette while watching Love Connection. Which, at least, would be thematically consistent.

Everyone in my life is totally insane, which must make me at least peripherally involved. I dream in real estate: a one bedroom apartment, with a window. And a store down the road. Or maybe even a back porch for late night contemplating. Or a front porch, actually—to watch passersby. I would like that. It’s not too much to ask, I don’t think. And I still think the future is going to be rad.

Before you die, everything you know will be decimated into dust. It will be held up before you and chopped at like a cheap piñata, which will fall to your feet, revealing cyanide pills. It will be destroyed methodically and slowly, right before your eyes. But if you’re lucky, it will be rebuilt into something you will marvel at once again.

No comments: