Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The church is filled with losers psycho or confused
The breakfast cereal that I eat, with the rather nondescript packaging, now features indie-rockers on the box. I make this discovery at 8:00 am, as I crunch whole grains. The indie-rockers are taking over the world. And there’s nothing they won’t try to sell you anymore without some vaguely familiar song etching its way into your subconscious. I rustle around in the box a little looking for the new Shins’ cd, but all I find is an insipid fistful of protein twigs (sic).

A couple of weeks ago I told A. that I’m going to start listening exclusively to Norwegian dark metal, a proclamation that has sadly fallen by the wayside. Norwegian metal is where it’s at, I told him enthusiastically. It’s like a cleansing of the pallet. And do I ever need some cleansing. The only question now is which breakfast cereal to eat. Although, that seems easy, too: Capn’ Crunch, which could easily be the name of some Nordic Metal band, and in all probability is.

No comments: