Monday, July 16, 2007

Color me in

Summer '07: it’s in effect. Outside of my window the clouds burst in the nebulous blue. An eagle coasts lazily in the sky, and the world seems perfectly colored in and alive today. So far advanced does it seem in its trajectory towards aliveness that it could not go any further. I see a bumper sticker that reads Life is Good, and I actually believe its message. It seems precarious and short-lived to me, but it actually seems true, today.
I am in my cubicle, hunkered down in the cube. It’s difficult to come to any other conclusion than you have lived wrong, to have ended up in a circumstance such as this one, watching as the perfect day goes by. At least with a window like this one. Although, that’s kind of funny, too—to always come to the same conclusion. Going over the pathways in your mind, and the decisions made: were they all the wrong ones? Is that a possibility: that the sum total of all of those decisions has lead me here, within four walls? I distract myself by doing work and come accross a license with the dog name Freedom. I can’t help but laugh at the inexplicable horribleness of that name, and the hilarious hi-jinx provided by the gods above. Didn’t they have anything better to do today, I wonder, than to send me over the edge. It doesn’t really seem that way. I put it out of my head, but I always come back to its terribleness, with all of its angles and points of light.

No comments: