Thursday, September 13, 2007

Kaiser get in here right now
Ostensibly having lunch with my grandmother. Actually, I have no food or money and so I show up to her house unexpected to make a peanut butter sandwich, deciding to sit for a few moments before leaving. It seems like the couth thing to do, not just showing up to get some food and then leave again. She calls my motive, though, and on going to leave she asks me what's up. "Are you feeling alright?" she wants to know (it's always the inquiries with me, which only leads me to believe that my public persona needs some polishing. --A friend has recently spotted me standing against a wall at a show, totally lifeless and grim, later telling me how pathetic I looked. Thank you, L. Trela: you're always one for words. Although I guess I'll just chalk that one up to the proverbial touche--yeah, i know you read this blog, and may be refering to any number of incendiary things I may have said about you). "I guess I feel OK," I tell my grandmother, simultaneously amazed that she's asking about my well being. "Well you sure are acting strange," she says. I have no defense for acting strange, however, having given that up a long time ago. In the end we must be who we are, the singer sings, and there it is creeping up out of me, like some kind of insane bonsai. There is no hiding it. On my way to the door she holds up some grapes to give to me. I snatch them from her hand and pop one into my mouth, feeling as the sugary sweet tartness from the grape rushes over my tongue, like a piece of candy.

No comments: